Closed Opt-In Pre-Alpha
We've been asked this many times, and at every turn we've given the same varied vague answers. "Sometime this autumn/fall"; "This year", etc. I can now safely say today that we will be allowing limited access to a closed pre-alpha testing build in September via Steam. The exact date to be confirmed.
There will only be 700 closed-alpha slots available, and you can opt-in right now via your profiles by redeeming your Steam keys. There are a limited amount of these keys and it's a first-come-first-serve basis, once the keys are depleted, we'll look into giving some more out, but it's likely we'll reserve that until we launch our Early Access via Steam.
We would like to make it absolutely clear that this early pre-alpha build in no way represents the final product. We are allowing access to the build for a few reasons:
- Infastructure Testing
To this end, we will not be including all current development-versions of features in the build. Below is a list of features we will be providing in the first iteration:
- Official Servers - You will only be able to join official servers during the closed pre-alpha, and you will not be able to host your own servers.
- Airflow Simulation - The station will be fully simulated for airflow. Opening an airlock to a vacuum will drain air and cause decompression, opening other airlocks in seperate volumes will cause the two volumes to merge.
- Electrical Simulation - Everything requires power. It won't work without it. There will be certain things that will be permanently powered to begin with, but as we roll out updates, we'll make more of the station fall within the power simulation.
- Interactive Environment - One of the key features of Centration is that everything will be interactable. This will start with some of the major sections of the station and we'll roll out other interactive elements as we update.
- Basic Shifts - Very simple shifts mean the game starts, and ends in a certain amount of time or when the end-game trigger has been met. To begin with, there'll only be a couple of modes you can choose from, but we'll be adding them as the game progresses
- Character Creation - The basics for character creation will be available, you'll be able to create a basic version of your characters and play around with the skill-sets and selection system. Please be aware that at multiple times your characters will be reset and/or deleted as we progress through development.
- Simple Combat & Health - We'll be including a very basic framework for the combat and health system with the pre-alpha. You won't be able to do any fancy things yet, but the basics will be there and we'll be expanding as the game evolves.
This is NOT the final game
We hope that you understand what we are planning to do and why we are choosing to do it this way. We want to get the sandbox simulation ready first and foremost, and begin including our gameplay elements once the basic framework has been set up.
Early AccessThis will be a closed opt-in pre-alpha test only. Early Access testing will be available a short while afterwards when both Steam and Angry Engineers Entertainment are satisfied that the game is ready for public access via Steam.
As with all games in development, we cannot guarantee the game will be playable with this version, and reserve the right to change anything within the game of our own accord.
We cannot also 100% guarantee that the first iteration of testing will be available on the date above - it is a PLANNED date only, nothing more.
Thank you for your continued support of Centration, and we hope you have a bit of fun playing around in the pre-alpha build.